Dec 1, 2009

Winter Blues

I've been sick for the past week and feeling pretty miserable. My throat is pretty sore so I've basically been eating soup everyday. I haven't really been in the mood to do anything, let alone cook, but I managed to throw together this 'three sisters' soup with stuff I had around the house. It was pretty easy to make and soothing for my throat.

I just chopped up a red onion and two celery stalks and then sauted them in oil for 5 min. Then I threw in 2 cups of diced butternut squash that I already had, added a can of corn, can of diced tomatoes, and some frozen edamame. For seasoning I used 1/2 tsp oregano, 1/4 tsp cumin, 1 tsp garlic powder, and my secret ingredient: 2 tsps of Tabasco (adds a nice kick)! Add 3 cups of chicken broth, simmer for ~20 min, and voila!

Three sisters soup (based on recipe from kosher by design) with homemade wheat bread:

No comments:

Post a Comment