Dec 7, 2009

Snow Day

It snowed for the first time this winter this weekend! I decided it was a good weekend to stay in, especially since I have to work on my finals...meh. I got some studying done, and a lot of cooking/ baking! I made the chicken bruschetta from Kosher by design. I'm becoming really obsessed with this book... I also made the apricot squares from my Passion for Baking book, which were really yummy.

Chicken Bruschetta:




Apricot Squares:


I was really on a roll so I also made some egg rolls to take to work with me for lunch since I have no lunch stuff at home. They're really easy to make and pretty tasty! I used a min food processor that I use for grinding meat for this recipe, but you can also just shred some cooked chicken. You can also substitute tofu for the chicken. I bought my egg roll wrappers at WholeFoods, and I baked my egg rolls instead of frying for a healthier alternative.


Chinese Egg Rolls:
1 chicken bread, ground
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove minced
1 tsp minced fresh ginger
2 tbs cooking oil
1/2 bag packaged coleslaw (I used 1/2 of a 14 ounce bag)
1 bag bean sprouts (about 6 ounces)
4 tbs teriyaki sauce
1 tbs soy sauce
1 tbs sesame oil
12-15 egg roll wrappers

-Saute the chicken, garlic, scallions, and ginger in the oil until chicken is cooked through
-Add the coleslaw and bean sprouts and saute for 2 minutes
-Add the teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Saute for 5 more minutes
-Remove the chicken and cabbage mixture from heat. Wrap about 3-4 tbs of the chicken mixture in egg roll wrappers
-Spray the rolls lightly on both sides with nonstick cooking spray. Place on baking sheet and bake at 350 for ~10-15 min, turning halfway through.


No comments:

Post a Comment